In my last post, I shared with you some of the first efforts I would be making toward getting started this year with miniatures again. Of those, I have finished fixing the kitchen door (and broke the other one in the process! That still is not fixed. I needed more practice I guess. One step forward, one step back...!) The main project for me this week was working on the transfiguration of the Villa's front windows.
The old windows were kind of cool.... in their own way.
And the Victorian Double Doors in the Kitchen.
I cut the tips off at just the right place to again create a tension, so that I did not have to glue over the window. I painted them the copper color and installed them... three to the inside, and 1 to the outside. I liked the final effect a lot.